By J. David Singer,Jody B. Lear,Diane Macaulay,Meredith Reid Sarkees
Professor J. David Singer has been arguably an important impact on quantitative learn into the explanations and attributes of conflict. His pioneering paintings at the Correlates of struggle venture on the collage of Michigan and his various books and articles have encouraged generations of researchers within the fields of diplomacy, clash research, protection reviews and peace technology.
This assortment is a gently chosen evaluate of his paintings which supplies not just a very good creation to his substantial methodological, theoretical and empirical contributions but in addition an highbrow historical past of advancements within the box of diplomacy that are mirrored in Professor Singer's paintings.
This is key examining for all people with an curiosity within the use of quantitative equipment in social technology, the altering nature of the research of diplomacy and the research of battle and peace.
Read or Download Advancing Peace Research: Leaving Traces, Selected Articles by J. David Singer PDF
Best war & peace books
The United countries is being referred to as upon a growing number of to take part if events that fall someplace among peacekeeping and full-scale enforcement operations, resembling these in Korea throughout the Fifties and the Persian Gulf in 1991. Such efforts have become termed as peace enforcement operations.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2003 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Krieg und Frieden, Militär, be aware: 2,0, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Veranstaltung: Vergleichende Gesellschaftsanalyse in Europa, five Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die Idee eines Vergleiches der Theorien Stein Rokkans und Charles Tilly zur Staaten und Nationenbildung in Europa entstand durch den Besuch zweier Seminare, die um dieses Thema kreisten.
Half 2 of the Cooperation for a relaxed and sustainable global quantity, brings jointly the various top researchers on peace technological know-how. Chapters speak about matters together with, yet no longer limited to, army expenditure and economics in China, India and Pakistan, Peace technological know-how in South East Asia, and methods to anti-terrorism.
Too frequently, current literature has conflated the discourses that enabled the 'War on Terror', ignoring the contextual specificities of the states that make up the ’Coalition of the Willing’. Australia's 'war on terror' Discourse fills this hole through offering a whole and sustained severe research of Australian overseas coverage discourse in addition to the theoretical synthesis for a particular version of severe discourse research of the topic.
- International Organisations and Peace Enforcement: The Politics of International Legitimacy
- Why Peace Fails: The Causes and Prevention of Civil War Recurrence
- Identities in Civil Conflict: How Ethnicity, Religion and Ideology Jointly Affect Rebellion (Studien zur Neuen Politischen Ökonomie)
- Difendersi senza aggredire: La potenza della non violenza (Italian Edition)
- Aid, Peacebuilding and the Resurgence of War: Buying Time in Sri Lanka (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Terrorism, Tourism and the End of Hospitality in the 'West'
Extra info for Advancing Peace Research: Leaving Traces, Selected Articles by J. David Singer
- Download Exposure: A Sociologist Explores Sex, Society, and Adult by Chauntelle Tibbals PDF
- Download Das Internet als Quelle neuer Text-Gattungen. Blogs und by Christine Müller PDF